The Beckham Golf VR Center is located in the elite section of Neihu District. In order to promote the combination of technology and sports, this company launched the Indoor Golf Simulator System (GOLFZON), which offers golfers another option for simulation exercises. However, due to the increasing cost of consumables and maintenance of existing projection equipment, the project manager is considering to apply new projection solutions as replacement.
The challenge of this case is:
- This Golf VR Center needs to simulate a real-day sunshine environment. It is designed to pick up high-rise floor glass, provide plenty of daylight, and turn on indoor lighting. How to against the ambient light is a major challenge to resolve.
- The current exist projector is lamp based, 5000 lumens brightness, and used projector mount hanging on wall. The replaced projector needs to remain at the same position, and the installation process needs to be easy and fast, not affect for the customer’s practice as first priority.
- Existing projector lamps replacement frequency is too high and costly, also requires labor cost for manual replacement, the replaced projector needs to be able to reduce consumables and labor costs.
- The original aspect ratio of the VR golf simulator is 4:3, but the projection screen aspect ratio is 16:9. How to adjust the projector setting to fit the proper aspect ratio between the projections screen and VR gold simulator is also important.
After the Optoma Taiwan SI team understands the actual needs of the owner and conducts site measurements on site, it is recommended to use the latest ZU506T laser engineering projector as a solution:
- The ZU506T adopts DURACORE laser technology. Compared with other lamp-based projector, this laser projector take advantages of high brightness, and anti-ambient light performance. Even if the indoor lights fully open, the ZU506T still delivers out-standing brightness and amazing color.
- The ZU506T’s laser source delvers stable, long-lasting 20,000 hours light source life, which can be used 24 hours a day in a commercial environment just like the BECKHAN Golf VR Center, helps saving the lamp cost, labor cost and time.
- The ZU506T is lightweight and easy to install, and meets the expectations of the clients. It can directly replace the current lamp based projector without changing position. The four-corner adjustment and vertical lens shift function simplifies the setting and adjust process.
- The ZU506T is WUXGA resolution, and compatible with 16:9, and 4:3 aspect ratio , and can fully cope with various projection screen sizes.
The Beckham Golf VR Center has completed the installation of ZU506T laser projector , and now it can fully cope with the environment, including full time operation. The Director of Equipment Space Design Planning – Mr. Kao said, “So far, we have not encountered the problem of color decay. Compared to other projectors in use, this laser projector has a larger range of projection, but the color reproduction and sharpness are better than other projectors. In the long run, this will be a good solution for everyone.” Compared with other lamp based projectors, customers are more satisfied with the brightness, and color performance.
Why Optoma ?
The Director of Equipment Space Design Planning – Mr. Kao said, “the current lamp based projectors we use has issues on the maintenance cost, and over the past years, and the cost of lamp replacement is too high, it’s truly not a ideal choice for a commercial or simulation environment.”
“After contact with Optoma SI team, We’re impressed by the whole process, from plan, test and install. And the Optoma ZU506T not only provides outstanding brightness, also results in better color performance than other lamp models we use now. It is more trustworthy we choose Optoma projector than others.”
- 1 x ZU506T laser installation projector (By Optoma)
- 1 x GOLFZON Golf VR simulator (By client)
- 1 x 120 inches projection screen (By client)