The Creative Expo Taiwan(CET) is an annual major cultural and creative exhibition organized by the Ministry of Culture. The event major plan and organizer , Miss Liu said, The theme of this year’s Expo is “Culture On The Move”. The purpose is to hope that the shrinking time and land appearance of Taiwanese culture can be presented in various exhibitions. and how to show the complete performance of a venue in just 12 days is a important topic for us, especially for the theme pavilion.
The main stage theme as “Stage On The Move” was originally intended to connect the dynamics of the entire culture with each performer’s performance. How to overcome it in the preparation of planning, so that moving figures and stories can be reflected and remain in the venue is the primary challenge.
Since the Huashan 1914 Creative Park is a recognized monument, the structural constraints cannot carry too many lighting equipment, but the lighting and image presentation of the main stage is very complicated and numerous, including the planning of the projection equipment. The challenges faced in the planning of projectors are:
- Main stage : Requires two professional projectors with high brightness and excellent color performance, and they are projected on a 6-meter-large screen with a front and rear projection, to show the best results.
- The muscle expression zone: Target to use creative projection performance, so and visitors can be more close and interact with the projected contents.
- People On the Move zone : Requires single projector with a high brightness of 10,000 lumens, ultimate color performance and stable operation. It is used in conjunction with interactive sensing devices as a large interactive experience area.
- Who am I rehearsal zone : Plan to project to ground, also requires two projectors with high brightness, over 8000 lumens and brilliant colors to match the interactive content of the design for the actual interaction of visitors.
After few times of meeting and discussion, the Optoma Taiwan SI team confirmed the client’s needs, finally proposed the projection equipment as follow:
- Main stage : Plan to use two ZU750 laser projectors with 7500 ANSI lumens, DuraCore laser light source technology, with A15 short-focus lens and full lens shift function, can fully realize 2-way projection (front and rear projection) with mapping in 6-meter width screen, and provides stable operation, outstanding image quality and color performance.
- The muscle expression zone : Considering the exhibition space as a monument, not every projector can be hung. Finally, a total of 8 ZW400UST laser projectors are planned, and the curator is placed directly on the ground of the special design frame and screen. Using the rear projection to eliminate the technical problems of hanging and endangering monuments.
- People On the Move zone : Using the ZU1050 MultiColor laser projector with 10,000 lumens provides precise color performance, with A15 short-focus lens, hanging at close heights remains large lens shift range is makes easy for installation and set up.
Who am I rehearsal zone : Plan to use 2 ZU850 MultiColor laser projectors with A15 short-focus lens provides high brightness performance . Images can be projected over a full 360° range along the vertical axis, including reproduction on a ceiling or floor. This projector can also be placed in portrait mode.
Miss Liu, the event major plan and organizer said: “Optoma is the only designated projection brand in the theme pavilion of the CET. After tight cooperation with Optoma, we’re quite satisfied and grateful for Optoma, as they consult the planning and provided the projection equipment.”
“In the performance of the main stage event puppet show, the actors were impressed with these two ZU750 laser projector’s effect (positive projection plus rear projection), and they were perfectly matched with the puppet dolls. Both the audience and the actors were touched, and indeed realize the best stage performance as we expect.”
“Also, during the discussion and evaluation, we also learned about the diversity of Optoma products. For example, the ZW400UST laser ultra-short-throw projector can be placed directly on the ground and use rear projection. The image contents are so close to the audience, but without causing a visual burden.”
“In addition, Optoma’s projection equipment has great flexibility in the use of the exhibition space and viewing space, and can provide satisfactory results. We hope to have the opportunity to work with Optoma again when planning related exhibitions in the future.”
In the past, when planning the performance, the event major plan and organizer has made good coordination between the projectors, actors and contents. The combination of the audio and video effects is the most immediate and the effect is satisfactory. When planning the main stage theme – Stage On The Move, requires and use the best projectors is a important mission to achieve.
At the beginning of the planning, when discussing cooperation with different companies, they have learned that Coretronic and Optoma have been involved in the cooperation of culture and art in a long time, and Optoma’s brand and products are trustworthy, so they hope to cooperate with Optoma to bring the best results to audience.
- 1x ZU1050 MultiColor Laser projector + A15 lens set
- 2x ZU850 MultiColor Laser projector + A15 lens set
- 2x ZU750 laser projector + A15 lens set
- 8x ZW400UST laser projector