KBS is the Authorized Distributor and Service Center for Optoma in Pakistan. KBS warrants its product to be free from defective materials and workmanship and agrees to remedy any such defect(s) by replacing any part, at its discretion, of the product within the Warranty Period providing that the product is used in accordance with the conditions and recommendations set out in the User Manual. Warranty Periods can also be obtained from KBS’ Authorized resellers only who sold the product to the End User.
The warranty period starts at the time of the Product’s original purchase by the first end-user. Purchaser must retain the original purchase invoice or other certificate to prove the date of purchase. If purchaser fails to provide the invoice or there is no purchase date on the invoice, the warranty period shall be calculated according to Optoma’s policy. The Product may consist of several different parts and different parts may be covered by different warranty periods (hereinafter “Warranty Period”). The different Warranty Periods are :
- A minimum of twenty four (24) months for a Product.
- For consumable, standard, high pressure gas discharge type lamps (henceforth “Lamp”) fitted to a Product at the time of sale the Lamp warranty periods are as the table below:
|Projectors sold with the warranty period below||Warranty period for a Lamp fitted to a projector at time of the projector sale||Warranty period for Laser light source in Laser projector|
|1.Two (2) years for Lamp type Projector
2.Three (3) years for Laser type Projector
|Twelve (12) months or one thousand (1000) lamp hours, whichever is sooner||Twelve (12) months or Ten thousand (10,000) display hours|
- Lamp is consumable item its brightness keeps on decreasing with the usage. So dimming is not covered in warranty.
- Three (3) months for replacement lamps supplied separately to and not fitted to a projector at the time of sale.
- Specific Products may vary by model and may be different than that stated above. Refer to KBS Service Center for details
- Warranty support will be applicable for the products imported / marketed by KBS only.
This warranty does not extend to any Product not purchased from KBS or a KBS authorized reseller, nor to any product which has been subjected to misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, fire, flood, physical damage, incorrect wiring, improper installation, unauthorized service, and use in violation of instructions furnished by KBS.
This warranty shall be deemed void if the serial number or other identification of the product has been defaced, damaged or removed.
KBS guarantees the repaired product for a period of thirty (15) days after the repaired product has been delivered. Should the same fault occur in the same part of the repaired product due to a same root cause within the said fifteen (15) day period.
What is not covered?
- This Warranty does not cover a) defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by bending, striking compressing or dropping, etc.), or b) defects or damage caused by misuse of the Product, including use that is contrary to the user manual instructions provided by Optoma.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Optoma product(s) has been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than an Optoma authorised service centre, if it is repaired using unauthorised spare parts or if the Optoma product(s) serial number or date code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered, modified or are illegible in any way and this shall be determined at the sole discretion of Optoma.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Optoma product(s) has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Optoma product(s) is operated in an excessively dirty or dusty environment or if it has not been regularly maintained to keep the air intakes free of obstruction
- This Warranty is invalid if the Optoma product(s) is shut down incorrectly thereby not allowing the Optoma product(s) to be shut down in a predetermined, controlled manner. Optoma product(s) models to which this applies are identified in the product specifications.
- This Warranty is invalid if damage was caused by negligence or failing to carry out appropriate maintenance by the buyer, his customer, the end user, or in case of an act of God, natural occurrences or during transport.
- This warranty is invalid if damage (for example a virus or malicious code) has been caused to the operating software or firmware and which has been caused by the installation of 3rd party applications or any software or firmware not supplied or supported by Optoma.