Dead On Arrival (“DOA”) Policy
Optoma Customer Service (“Optoma”) will accept DOA product (substantial defect in the product) from End User subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The DOA product was purchased by End User within thirty (30) days prior to the notification of the DOA product to Optoma.
- End User provides a valid proof of purchase.
- End User provides the serial number and defective symptoms on the Form, which must also include the RMA number provided by Optoma.
- The DOA product must be returned in its original packaging and accessories. Optoma may, at its sole discretion, either charge for any incomplete or damage returns at the prevailing price(s) or return the DOA product to End user at End User’s cost.
- There must be no stickers, marking or labeling on the carton box.
If the above conditions are fulfilled and the RMA procedure is complied with, Optoma will make a reasonable endeavor to send a replacement product to End User.
If End User returns a product which is not a product of Optoma, Optoma shall, at its sole discretion, return the non-Optoma product to End User at End User’s cost.
In the event Optoma finds the returned product to be faultless, Optoma is entitled to charge End User the diagnose fee, handling fee and freight, and return the product back to End User at End User’s cost.
Product Defective Return
- If the product is defective within the Warranty Period, Optoma will repair it at no cost to End User. If Optoma is unable to repair the product, Optoma will replace it with a comparable refurbished product.
- For Optoma to accept the return of a defective product as a warranty repair, End User must have available the original purchase invoice and the serial number of the product, as well as being able to describe the symptom in order to obtain a RMA number from Optoma. End User must ensure that these details are available and on hand when contacting Optoma. The lack of any of the required details will render the defective product ineligible for a warranty repair. The defective product must be returned with suitable packaging at End User’s cost.
- In the event Optoma finds the returned product to be faultless, Optoma is entitled to charge End User the diagnose fee, handling fee and freight, and return the product back to End User at End User’s cost.
- For defective product that is outside the Warranty Period (“OOW”), an appropriate repair charge will be quoted to End User for authorization and payment. The OOW product is repaired within an estimated ten (10) business days, timing may change dependent on each case, and returned with its original accessories and packaging in the condition as received by Optoma. The OOW repair turnaround time (“TAT”) maintenance may vary due to different circumstances.