As a Jr. Product & Business Planner, you will be working closely with our Product Management, Logistics, Sales & Marketing teams and gain a valuable insight into the overview of the Optoma business operation. You will be responsible for working with both internal and external partners to schedule the most optimized production and delivery plan. Frequent liaison and maintaining strong relationships and communications directly with our Taiwanese headquarters and global suppliers are paramount to successful execution of the role. This interaction is vital for effective and educated strategy planning to support & drive our sales organization.
In this role, you will work closely with your supervisor and have the first-hand experience of learning about full product life cycles, from the proposal stage, mass production, launch, promotion, all the way to EOL and stock clearance. It will also provide a great opportunity to gain in-depth understanding of an international corporation’s business operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Demand & Purchase Planning – Plan and execute procurement of finished goods and raw materials from global manufacturers and suppliers. Coordinate inventory planning and replenishment of raw materials, components and finished goods in conjunction with global suppliers. Timely and accurately communicate the demand/supply planning information both externally and internally to ensure optimal sales performance and inventory level. Resolve material shortages through strategic supply chain planning. Mitigate excess and obsolete inventory.
- Product Lifecycle Management – Taking ownership of the entire lifecycle of a product and ensuring the proper and timely communication and identification of all information that may affect a product including proactively reporting product and material availability issues.
- Product Knowledge – Ensuring that your knowledge of Optoma products and accessories are up to date so that you can make good judgment calls on supply chain and inventory.
- Cost Control – Manage inventory by paying close attention to details, numbers and reasoning behind the data in order to limit or eliminate waste. Constantly evaluate the true cost and yield for every product line in order to maximize profit margin. Must be able to analyze and communicate the information correctly and clearly in order to provide appropriate recommendation to management.
- Supply Chain – Assists in overseeing the steps that comprise the supply chain process: planning, development, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Helps to ensure that every step of the process is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities.
- Business Analysis – The ability to transform numbers into meaningful data; data to help the company improve processes, monitor performance indexes, and make sensible decisions.
- Reporting – Provide required corporate data, performance to metrics, materials availability and status of inventory accurately.
- Bachelor in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Economics or related field.
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen & understanding of the importance of cost control.
- Pro-active approach.
- Good follow-through skills. Proactive in following up internally and externally on status of outstanding action items in order to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on being able to look at numbers and data closely for analysis.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to balance immediate and long-term priorities and exceptional multi-tasking skills are a necessity.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
How to apply
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]