Optoma Technology, Inc. is looking for an energetic and solutions-oriented candidate to join our logistics team! This position is based out of our Fremont, CA office. In order to be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
JOB TITLE: Logistics Specialist
Responsible for inventory management to ensure no discrepancy between system and physical. Also on day to day domestic and export logistics operations, developing and maintaining carrier delivery metrics and freight reporting to measure carrier service performance and monthly efreight spend.
- Daily inventory management including system receiving, random checking physical inventory, monthly inventory audit, inventory file comparison with remote warehouse, and resolving invenotry issue if there is any discrepancy.
- Monitor daily delivery report alerts from carriers to ensure shipments are on track to meet expected delivery dates for inbound and outbound shipments.
- Contact carriers to resolve any red flag shipments and be able to quantify and qualify issues to address it to upper management.
- Responsible for logging and following up with carriers for damaged and lost product claims to ensure reimbursement is issued.
- Maintain monthly freight reporting and conduct freight bill audits to measure freight spend by carrier and service level.
- Track and maintain monthly delivery report for on time and complete (OT&C) shipments activity to measure carrier performance.
- Follow up on projects and assigned tasks and report back progress to upper management.
- The position may require additional duties not specified which can include but is not limited to general clerical duties, i.e. faxing, mailing, filing, etc.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of UPS, FedEx and DHL systems are required for domestic and International shipments as well as LTL & FTL carriers.
- The role requires planning skills to work across functional teams to set up logistics and ensure flawless execution to customers.
- Have good knowledge of retail and distribution requirements to meet both Optoma and customer needs and to continue driving improvements to the current model.
- Ability to manage, understand and set goals for 3PL partners to improve existing business model efficiencies, increase output and reduce cost.
- The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel and Word, in order to create pivot tables, graphs and summary reports.
- Oracle experience is a plus
- Customer service experience (not required but would be a plus).
How to apply
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to HR@Optoma.com