OPTOMA TECHNOLOGY, INC
JOB TITLE: Product Manager
SUMMARY: Develop, implement and maintains company product line. Work closely with cross-functional departments within marketing, planning, sales, sales support and operations to ensure continuity in product offering and company goals. Adhere to and promote company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a team leader and supports the continued growth of the company.
- Directs and performs all aspects of product development, product changes, including development procedures, specifying components, packaging and header design, product positioning, pricing, catalog and sales kit, training aides and point of purchase merchandisers.
- Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Develop and maintain product database with product specifications, artwork and catalog copy for dealer co-op advertising and catalogs programs
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Provide training to customers, sales and customer services on new products.
- Coordinate with ODM, Customer Service and Repair Service to monitor and improve product quality
- Perform new product planning based on sales requests, customer feedback, and vendor plans
- Liaising with supplier factories to define product specifications
- Passion for display technologies; Projection, LED displays and Interactive Flat panels in particular.
- Assertive, engaging, intelligent, quick thinking and confident personality
- 3 years of experience with product development, preferably in retail consumer electronics.
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills required.
- Detail oriented, with appreciation for deadlines is essential.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, flexible and ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize their importance is required.
- Technical knowledge of the following would be ideal:
- Connectivity: HDMI, VGA, Display port, HD Base-T, 3G-SDI, RS232, LAN, SDVoE, etc…
- IP networks (wired/wireless) control system.
- AV distribution & related cabling.
- Understanding of Bluetooth and wireless audio connectivity.
- Understanding of PC/Visual collaboration system
How to apply
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]