Laser phosphor light source, 4K ultra-high-definition (UHD) resolution and HDR color processing delivers larger-than-life home cinema experience
Fremont, Calif., October 4, 2017 – Optoma, a world-leading manufacturer of video and audio products, today released the Optoma UHZ65, a state-of-the-art, masterfully engineered 4K UHD laser home theater projector. Delivering incredibly sharp images with a high level of detail and breathtaking color, the Optoma UHZ65 integrates all the latest technology innovations in color, light source and resolution for market-leading performance as well as price, as the UHZ65 is now available for just $4,499.
On the heels of introducing the industry’s first affordable 4K resolution projector with the UHD60, Optoma is adding a cutting-edge laser phosphor light source to the mix for an elevated, reliable home viewing experience. Able to project 4K UHD images of 140-plus inches, viewers will experience the full 4K resolution from up to 11 feet away, surpassing size and viewing capabilities of 4K TVs on the market today to provide the best price-per-inch home entertainment experience. Its powerful laser phosphor light engine, High Dynamic Range (HDR) in the form of HDR10, vertical lens shift and massive 1.6x zoom, take image quality to world-class, cinema quality.
“The Optoma UHZ65 is the culmination of years of design iterations, engineering, and testing to bring the highest quality home cinema projector to market for a price that consumers can afford,” said Brian Soto, head of product management, Optoma Technology. “With 4K content now readily available, and entertainment options always expanding, we are delivering on our goal to provide an entertainment experience that can truly envelop a room and an audience at home.”
In addition, the Optoma UHZ65 features PureMotion technology to dramatically enhance games, movies, and sports by eliminating noise, motion blur, and erratic movement in fast motion video, producing images that are clear, consistent, and smooth.
Optoma UHZ65 Specifications:
- Resolution: Full / native ultra-high-definition 3840×2160 resolution on screen
- Brightness: 3,000 lumens for great viewing in dark room or with ambient light
- Contrast: 2,000,000:1 with Dynamic Black enabled
- Color: HDR-compatible color gamuts Rec.709, REC.2020 and DCI-P3, means incredibly rich colors
- Lamp Life and Type: Its laser phosphor provides a remarkable 20,000 hours of life, eliminating the need to replace the light source throughout the life of the projector
- Imaging Processing and Stability: PureEngine’s PureMotion technology eliminates noise, motion blur, and judder in fast motion video, producing clear and consistently smooth images
- Aspect Ratio: 16×9 native, 4:3 auto, LBX (2160p and 1080p)
- Throw Ratio: 1.39 – 2.22
- Noise: 33/29dB (Bright/ECO)
- Audio: Integrated dual stereo speakers for crisp, loud audio
- I/O: HDMI 1.4a, HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP 2.2, MHL 2.1 and Full 18Gbps), VGA-In, Audio-In (3.5mm), Audio-Out, SDPIF Out (Optical/2 Channel ONLY), USB 2.0 Port (Service), USB-A Power, RJ45, RS232C
The Optoma UHZ65 is powered by a revolutionary Texas Instruments 4K DLP UHD chipset with a high-performance DMD utilizing XPR video processing technology with fast switching to display 8.3 million distinct pixels, meeting the Consumer Technology Association’s 4K UHD 2160p specification.
The Optoma UHZ65 will be available for purchase at an estimated street price of $4,499 at ProjectorPeople.com, projector screen, ProjectorSuperstore, Full Compass and Visual Apex, more information on the Optoma UHZ65, and other award-winning Optoma products can be found on the Optoma website: https://www.optomausa.com.
Optoma is a world leading designer and manufacturer of projection and audio products for business, education, professional audio/video and home entertainment. Optoma’s projection products combine superior image processing technologies with exceptional engineering and innovation to deliver stunning crystal clear images with ultimate reliability. Optoma projectors use DLP® technology, pioneered by Texas Instruments. This uses millions of mirrors to produce high quality imagery which does not suffer color degradation over time, as sometimes experienced in other projector technologies. The Optoma NuForce sound range is designed for people that care about audio. They are built from premium quality components to deliver sleek design and exceptional sound. The Optoma Group has continental headquarters in the USA, Europe, and Asia.