OPTOMA TECHNOLOGY, INC
JOB TITLE: Webmaster
SUMMARY: The Webmaster serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website(s), handling a range of responsibilities that may include web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure sites align with the goals and objectives of the company.
- Develop, implement and maintain web applications for Optoma.com USA company web sites which Includes Canada presence, while maintaining consistency with company’s business strategy and image.
- Manage all content management system (CMS) syndication on back end to update and change web site.
- Acts as a liaison between the sites and the users regarding the content and graphical aspects of the website.
- Responsible for the content on full site and all categories and sections;
- (product information, product images, products specs and features, uploading all content including datasheets, press releases, advertisements, case studies, Legal, Careers, Service, etc.) and consistent look of the overall sites.
- Design and provide front-end HTML coding for sites as well as incremental enhancements and/or re-work of current web based sites.
- Co-manage and work with vendors during design, upgrades and any problem resolution as well as consult with business users and content providers regarding technical design issues, requests for modifications and problem resolution.
- Participate in design tasks from concept development through to delivery.
- Perform web development, template writing, testing, debugging, coding and documentation tasks for on-line processes in accordance with industry practices and specific corporate procedures and standards.
- Implement new functionality and processes to help all sites standout in the market place.
- Develop web application user interface design, screen flow, screen layout/design) as well as visual mock-ups. Ability to rapidly prototype designs in HTML.
- Develop and support existing templates and content production processes.
- Define and develop user interface style standards, as well as remain knowledgeable about emerging standards and trends
- Implement new web site designs to coincide with marketing direction.
- Manage company’s E-commerce initiatives.
- Execute on-line promotions and sweepstakes to increase consumer traffic to web site.
- Implement new product promotions to support sales.
- Maintain department intranet/ extranet to support all customers.
- Research best practices and gather user feedback to determine user requirements and preferences for redesigning existing web sites and creating new web sites/pages.
- Provide strategic recommendations on the functionality, content, look and feel for all Optoma sites/pages.
- Work with IT team to develop and manage 3rd party FTP protocol.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred and/or
- 3-5 years of experience in Web site management, eCommerce, and content management systems (CMS).
- Superior knowledge of current Web design trends and techniques.
- Outstanding skills for building compelling, high quality, useful content in collaboration with internal and external contributors.
- Experience implementing search engine optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of web analytics best practices.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking ability.
- HTML/ FTML, A/B test experience preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate in an effective, non-confrontational manner.
HTML code, keyword research and web content creation a plus
How to apply
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]