The Optoma brand was born at the start of the new millennium to offer cutting-edge large-display products for home entertainment. Today, Optoma is one of the world’s leading projector brands and a provider of large-displays products and visual solutions to consumers, businesses, educational institutions, and other organisations.
During the first decade of Optoma’s existence, it grew rapidly with the establishment of operations worldwide and quickly solidified itself as an innovator and pioneer in the home entertainment industry.
Optoma established as a home entertainment brand
Optoma Group, Optoma France S.A.S, and Optoma China Co., Ltd. established
- Debuts the world’s first 65-inch DLP® projection television, which subsequently received a CES Innovations Award.
- Optoma Scandinavia AS established
Unveils MovieTime™ – world’s first all-in-one DVD projector
Launches HD81 – world’s first 1080P home cinema projector
HD65 is “Highly Recommended” by Projector Central for excellent portability and price/performance
- Unveils the world’s smallest pico projector – PK101, a Time magazine ‘Gadget of the Year’
- Optoma Espana, S.L. established
- Optoma Benelux B.V. established
In its second decade, Optoma expanded its scope to meet the needs of enterprise and education customers with large-display solutions for corporate settings, schools, universities, large venues, and more.
Launches 3D-XL – world’s first 3D projector adaptor
Announces Neo-I – world’s first pico projector with iPod dock
Unveils ZX210ST/ZW210ST – Optoma’s first hybrid laser-LED projectors
Launches ML750/ML1000 – ultra-mobile LED projectors
Unveils ZU650 – large-venue laser projector
Unveils ZU650+, ZU850, ZU510T, ZH/ZW400UST/i – industry’s first IP-certified DuraCore laser light engine line-up
Launches ZU850 – large-venue multi-colour laser projector
Releases UHL55 – world’s first smart projector to support home automation, voice control, and other smart features
- Unveils FHDQ130 – all-in-one QUAD LED display
- FHDQ130 wins Best of Show at IS
- Launches P1 – smart ultra-short-throw 4K UHD laser cinema projector
In its third decade, Optoma began to explore new growth opportunities, build deeper customer partnerships, and refocused itself on delivering compelling visual solutions that captivate, inspire, and connect people.
- Launches FHDQ163 – all-in-one 163″ LED display
- Unveils Creative Touch 3- and 5-Series interactive flat panels
- FHDQ163 wins Best of Show at ISE
- Launches ZU2200 – ultra-bright WUXGA laser projector
- Unveils Optoma Management Suite display management software
- Optoma Holding Limited established in the UK
- Launches Creative Board interactive flat panels
- Unveils Optoma Management Suite Cloud display management solution
- Establishes ESG committee to oversee its sustainable development
- Launches the first Optoma Green Promise laser series, most compact in its category for Corporate and Education
- Launches the Optoma Green Promise, world’s smallest RGB triple laser portable projector ML1080/ST